Last fall I made my “30 before 30” list- 30 things I wanted to accomplish before my 30th birthday (March 1, 2012). Now, with just over eight months left (luckily having a baby wasn’t on my list) I thought it would be a good time to revisit my goals. Over the next week or so I’ll be chronicling my progress. Unfortunately my list was housed on my old blog, which got entirely deleted. So I’ve recreated the list, but can’t remember all of them. Which means I’ll get to create a few new goals.
1) Fade out the red- I set this goal because I used to have red everything- right down to my red satin sheets (tacky, I know). A lot of the red things had bad memories attached to them so I resolved to adopt a new color scheme as a way of symbolizing a new life. I’ve gotten rid of or given away most of my red stuff. But I still have red towels and red luggage and a red laptop bag. And I decided I don’t need to get rid of them. They’re nice and expensive and I don’t need new luggage to know I’m headed in a different direction…
2) Tell my pastor (Pete Wilson) how much his messages and book “Plan B” meant to me in a really difficult time- I don’t know what my problem is but for some reason I can’t go up to my pastor and tell him this. It has nothing to do with him and everything to do with me. There’s just way too many cool people who go to my church and I decide he’s got more important people to talk to. This is just insecurity and I’ve gotta get past that. God used him and he needs to know that.
3) Go to as many festivals as possible- I LOVE me some outdoor festivals! The only thing I might like more than festivals is old cemeteries. When I was in Atlanta back in October and there was a festival INSIDE their oldest cemetery I could hardly contain myself. Last weekend was one of my favorites, the RC Cola & Moon Pie Festival in Bell Buckle, TN. I didn’t go though, as neither RC Cola nor Moon Pies are appropriate for my diet right now. Despite that, I consider this goal accomplished.
4) Get my passport- “Epic fail” as the kids say. I will get one though in the coming months. I have an out of the country trip booked for November 2012 so it’s a necessity at this point.
5) Get Zoom! Whitening done- I actually did this back in March; My 29th birthday present to myself. There was a Groupon for it and I went ahead and bit the bullet. And I was largely disappointed. The day I got them done, yes, they were whiter to the point that people who didn’t know what I had done noticed. But it seemed like my teeth got stained again so fast (I don’t smoke or drink coffee so I’m not sure why). Plus the dentist who performed it was horrible, and burnt my tongue with the laser. Know how much the co-pay for special prescription ointment for laser-burnt tongues is? $40. Per tiny tube. Turns out that Groupon wasn’t as cheap as I thought.
To be continued…